Joisey




New illustrations for Inside New Jersey Magazine. They are for the December 2011 issue, so printing is a bit of a distance off, but here they are now! The assignment was not a particularly edgy concept -- the article was about native New Jersey-ans love/hate relationship with their own state, and I was told to base both compositions on American Gothic -- but I had a lot of fun playing around regardless. My goal was both to give these paintings their own style, and to make them as technically interesting as I could.

The first image, with the less happy theme, is going to be the magazine's cover. Later, when I get samples, I'll post a picture. The second image is a full page for the feature article.

In unrelated news, I am going to try something seriously, seriously, seriously new for this blog: weekly posts. From here on out, I am going to post SOMETHING at least once a week. It might have something to do with a project I'm working on, it might be simple drawings and sketches, or it might be something that is particularly inspiring to me at the moment. It's going to be something, and it's going to be once a week. For serious.

1 comment: